Fire at C. E. Owens’ Home, 1921

From the January 13, 1921 Skidmore News (Skidmore, Missouri), page 1:

Fire at C. E. Owens Home.
Fire was discovered on the roof of the C. E. Owens house about 10 o’clock Tuesday morning. Quite a hole was burned in the roof, but the flames were checked before any very serious damage was done. The fire supposedly had its origin in sparks from the flue. The furnace had not been burning well, and Mrs. Owens had put kerosene in it, which probably caused the flue to burn out.

Mr. Owen says the house looks better now, or at least it will in a few days, for the entire east and south sides of the roof will be re-shingled.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *