From the February 18, 1909 Skidmore New Era (Skidmore, Missouri), page 1:
Visiting Old Home Place.
Messrs G. N. and J. H. Wertz and their sister Miss Mary Wertz of Fall City, Neb. are visiting Wm. Blackney and looking after the old home place, which Mr. Blackney has occupied for the past 26 years. This farm was improved in the fall of ’70’ by Henry Wertz’ father of the above named brothers and sister, who lived on the place until the spring of 1881.