From the November 30, 1922 Skidmore News (Skidmore, Missouri), page 1:
Leased Garage Building.
J. D. Montgomery has leased the Cook building occupied by the O. K. Garage and will run a Farmers Garage with Ernest Montgomery as supervisor.
At present they will only store cars and handle supplies and later Mr. Montgomery will equip the building to do first class repair work. See Mr. Montgomery’s ad elsewhere in this issue.
At the time of going to press the O. K. Garage has not decided just what they will do.
Advertisement reads, “Farmer’s Garage. J. D. Montgomery opens garage in Cook Building Dec. 1. All Supplies Handled Under supervision of E. A. Montgomery. Everybody invited to come. Pull the latch-string and come in. Storage by the month, $2.50. Storage by the day, 25c. J. D. Montgomery.”