The year 1920 brought a new business to Skidmore, Missouri: The Electric Shoe Shop. (We’re assuming it was named that because it had electric lights, but if anyone has evidence of a trend involving actual electric shoes, we want to know about it.)
First, there was the announcement from the December 25, 1919 Skidmore New Era:
Ralph and Marvin Keiffer have purchased the Argo & Littler short order business. Ralph will have charge of the lunch room and Marvin will install an electric shoe repairing outfit and will also carry a small line of shoes in the east side of the building.
Then came the advertising. Here’s one from the January 22, 1920 Skidmore New Era:
We were further delighted to learn that in 1920, Skidmore had two shoe shops. Here’s an ad for the non-electric (but always reliable) old reliable Shoe Shop, as seen in the January 15 edition of the New Era: